October 6th, 2022
Position: Seismic Depth Imaging Geophysicist
Earth Signal Processing Ltd. (ESPL) (www.earthsignal.com) is a Calgary-based geoscience company with a global reach. Our talented, knowledgeable, and friendly geoscientists are highly adept at providing 2D and 3D land seismic processing products and services to our clients, using the latest geophysics, data analytics, and emerging technologies to help solve their complex geoscience, energy transition, and environmental goals.
ESPL has a rich 29-year history of providing these innovative geotechnical solutions to the oil and gas, mining, CCUS, environmental and geotechnical industries using our proprietary software. ESPL employs approximately 40 people with diverse backgrounds, technical, sales and administrative skills.
The Depth Imaging Geophysicist will apply geophysical principles while building accurate velocity models for depth imaging in all relevant exploration geological settings. This will be done using ESPL’s newly acquired AutoImager™ Pre-stack Depth Migration in conjunction with proprietary software tools on local and clustered Linux workstations.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong geologic/geophysical background and previous experience with depth imaging in onshore environments. Good communication skills, creative problem solving, leveraging of technology, ambition and drive tempered by compassion for fellow geoscientists and teammates are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
- Must command a thorough understanding of, and the ability to work in, all phases of depth imaging, including, but not limited to, horizon interpretation, migration velocity analysis, tomography, seismic mis-tie analysis, and calibration to known well control, ray tracing, migration, and gather conditioning.
- Identify complex geophysical problems and assist in development of solutions.
- Design and execute high quality, efficient processing flows with no supervision.
- Work effectively within existing project plans, using resources efficiently to meet timing and deadline goals.
- Collaborate as needed with production team members, for efficient production throughput and knowledge transfer.
- Participate actively in client meetings and assist in generation/presentation of updates, results, and recommendations for these.
- Consistently demonstrate the Company’s Core Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence, Creativity and Safety in all internal and external interactions.
- Be a business partner and team player with personnel throughout the organization. Actively support and participate in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverage your existing skills but also remain receptive to mentoring from others.
- Must demonstrate a continuous improvement mentality with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Have the ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving the highest attention to detail.
- Demonstrate high Emotional Intelligence in positive communication, facilitation, influencing and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s (B.Sc) degree in Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Geology is required.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive seismic processing experience, including production, project supervision and internal/external presentation.
- Adept in use of a Linux workspace.
- The ability to keep organized accurate and clear records/logs of data issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook, or equivalent.
- This will be an office-based position.
- Canadian Citizen or the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.
Posting Close Date: 10/21/2022
ESPL thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are always on the look out for:
- Experienced Seismic Data Processors
- Geophysical Software Programmers
- New Graduates from Geophysics, Math, Physics, or Earth Sciences
- Business Development Professionals
Earth Signal offers a positive working environment and attractive compensation packages.
Please forward your resume to:
All resumes will be kept on file. We will contact candidates directly.
Thank you for your interest in Earth Signal!